“Money” magazine has some suggestions for the ten things you should absolutely never eat at your desk, some of them may surprise you. I try to have a live-and-let-live kind of mentality. The only items on this list that bug are me, are the smelly ones. Don't gross out everyone around you.
Things you should never eat at your desk include:
- Leftover Fish – While this may be a healthy option, it will likely stink up the whole office so leave those leftovers at home.
- Pasta – Yes it may be delicious, but all those carbs will likely leave you useless for the rest of the day, plus, there’s a really good chance you’ll make a huge mess of yourself with that red sauce.
- Fast Food – You might as well be telling your co-workers you’re hungover, or that you have the tastes of a high schooler.
- Corn on the Cob – Unless you bring your own corn holders, corn on the cob is a messy proposition. Plus you’ll probably wind up with lots of bits in your teeth.
- Cereal – The mag suggests that cereal is something that should be left for a relaxed environment like your home, not your workspace.
- Sushi – You’ll come across as trying too hard to look cultured.
- Ribs – As good as ribs are, it isn’t exactly pleasant to watch people eating them, which is why they aren’t good for the office.
- Fried Chicken – While it may smell good at first, the remnants that wind up in your garbage are bound to make everything stink, and your co-workers won’t appreciate that.
- Tacos – As delicious as they are, the chances of filling not falling out are pretty slim, which means you’ll be making a mess at the desk.
- Pancakes – No one wants to watch their co-worker eating something sticky and messy at their desk, not to mention the sweet smell that will permeate throughout the office.